The IT Dept of the University Center of International Programmes of Studies (UCIPS) in the International Hellenic University is responsible for:
- The support and maintenance of the data/VoIP network and computer facilities in the Thermi Campus of the International Hellenic University.
- The development and support of electronic services provided to the students and the academic staff of UCIPS.
- The development and support of electronic services provided to the central administration of the International Hellenic University and to the administrative units based in Thermi Campus
Email cloud service is provided to the members (academics, students, administrative staff) of the University Center of International Programmes of Studies in the International Hellenic University (Thermi Campus) through the Office 365 for Education Program. Email users are assigned:
- 50GB mailbox
- Email address/username in the form firstname.lastname@example.org (alias: @ihu.gr)
- 1 TB/user of OneDrive for Business storage
- Access to apps like OneNote, Teams etc.
The E-learning platform of IHU/UCIPS is powered by Moodle. To login to the E-learning platform, use your uregister account credentials.
The International Hellenic University/UCIPS has adopted Zoom as its primary software solution to provide remote conferencing services to its academic staff and students, who can participate in online meetings and lectures without being physically present in the IHU premises. However, other software such as Teams and Skype for Business has been used as well.
Virtual Private Networking (VPN) services are offered by the IT Dept of IHU/UCIPS (Thermi Campus) to provide secure network communication and extend local network access to offsite locations.
VPN connection is necessary, when you are trying to access the following services or resources from outside the University’s premises:
The VPN configuration depends on the version of your operating system, as follows:
Dataviews is an online gradebook service provided to the students of IHU/UCIPS. Students should access Dataviews, after a notification from Course Office, to get their exam or coursework grades.
To login to Dataviews, students should use their Uregister account.
When accessing Dataviews from home or work, students should connect to the VPN first. For more information on VPN setup and connection, click here
Important information (for MacOS users only)
If you are unable to load Dataviews page with your MacOS device, even after VPN connection is established, apply the following workaround:
- Connect to the VPN (as you had already done)
- Open your computer’s terminal window (to find it type terminal in the search box at the upper right corner of your desktop)
- In the terminal window, type the following command: sudo route -n add 192.168.1.61/32 192.168.99.10
- You will be asked to enter your PC’s password (it doesn’t show up, when you type it).
- Then visit : https://dataviews.ihu.edu.gr
Eduroam & WiFi
What is eduroam?
Eduroam(education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. Having started in Europe, eduroam has gained momentum throughout the research and education community and is now available in 72 territories. eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions directly using their mobile phone on by simply switching on their laptop.
For more information on eduroam, please visit the eduroam FAQ.
Where can I eduroam?
Eduroamis available both on and off campus, at over 6000 locations world-wide!
How can I eduroam?
You may configure more than one devices to connect to eduroam (Laptop, tablet, mobile phone etc.). To enable eduroam access, you must install the Eduroam CAT tool, which is available here.
1) Click on the Click here to download your eduroam@ installer button
2) Select International Hellenic University from the Organization Selection Window that shows up
3) The system will have identified your OS, so click on Download your eduroam@ installer button. Download and install the .exe file.
4) Sometime during the file execution (as shown in the Configure Eduroam section), you will be asked to enter your username and password (twice). As a username enter your e-learning (or uregister) username followed by @ihu.edu.gr. Enter your uregister account password.
5) After completing the process, click on eduroam or IHU-WiFi network and you will connect to the network.
Office hours :
- 09:00 – 21:00 on weekdays
- during class hours in the weekends
You can contact us:
Building A, 1st floor
14km Thessaloniki – N. Moudania