Dr Georgios Martinopoulos
Dr. Georgios Martinopoulos received the diploma of Mechanical Engineering
from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 2002.
He holds an MSc in Processes and Advanced Materials Technology (2004) and a PhD in Mechanical Engineering (2009) from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
He has worked as a Research Associate in the Process Equipment Design Laboratory of the Mechanical Engineering Department in Aristotle University from 2002 where he also concluded a Post Doc sponsored by the Greek State Scholarship Foundation and has participated in many Research and Development projects.
His research interests include Renewable Energy Utilization with emphasis in Solar Thermal Energy Technology, Energy Efficiency in Buildings and Life Cycle Analysis, which has led to 22 peer reviewed publications in international scientific, 20 peer reviewed publications in international conferences, 7 book chapters and more than 15 publications in national conferences (with an h-index of 10).
- G. Martinopoulos , G. Tsalikis, «Diffusion and adoption of solar energy conversion systems – The case of Greece» , Energy, Volume 144, Pages 800-807, 2018.
- Andreadou, G. Martinopoulos, «CAPE-OPEN simulation of waste-to-energy technologies for urban cities» , International Journal of Sustainable Energy, 37(1), pp. 96-104, 2018.
- Antoniadis, G. Martinopoulos, «Optimization of a Building Integrated Solar Thermal System with Seasonal Storage using TRNSYS» , Renewable Energy, In Press, (DOI:10.1016/j.renene.2018.03.074), 2018.
- Martinopoulos , K. T. Papakostas, A. M. Papadopoulos, «A comparative review of heating systems in EU countries, based on efficiency and fuel cost» , Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, In Press, (DOI:10.1016/j.rser.2018.03.060), 2018.
- C. Akcaoğlu, G. Martinopoulos, and C. Zafer. «Experimental Analysis of the Potential Induced Degradation Effect on Organic Solar Cells», International Journal of Photoenergy, 2017.
- G. Martinopoulos , A. Ikonomopoulos, G. Tsilingiridis, «Initial Evaluation of a Phase Change Solar Collector for Desalination Applications» , Desalination, 399, pp. 165-170, 2016.
- E. Kontopoulos, G. Martinopoulos, D. Lazarou, N. Bassiliades, « An ontology-based decision support tool for optimizing domestic solar hot water system selection » , Journal of Cleaner Production, 112, pp. 4636-4646, 2016.
- D. Missirlis, G. Martinopoulos, G.Tsilingiridis, K. Yakinthos and N. Kyriakis, “ Investigation of the heat transfer behaviour of a polymer solar collector for different manifold configurations ”, Renewable Energy, 68, p. 715-723, 2014.
- G. Martinopoulos and G. Tsalikis, “ Active Solar Heating Systems for Energy Efficient Buildings in Greece: A Technical Economic and Environmental Evaluation ”, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 68, Part A, p. 130-137, 2014.
- M. Kanellakis, G. Martinopoulos, T. Zachariadis, “ European Energy Policy – A Review”, Energy Policy, Vol. 62, p. 1020-1030, 2013.
- T. Dergiades, G. Martinopoulos, L.Tsoulfidis, “ Energy consumption and economic growth: Parametric and non-parametric causality testing for the case of Greece ”, Energy Economics, Vol.36, p. 686–697, 2013.
- G. Martinopoulos , G. Tsilingiridis, N. Kyriakis, “ Identification of the environmental impact from the use of different materials in domestic solar hot water systems ”, Applied Energy, Vol.102, p. 545-555, 2013.
- G. Martinopoulos , D. Missirlis, G.Tsilingiridis, K. Yakinthos and N. Kyriakis, “ CFD Modeling Of A Polymer Solar Collector”, Renewable Energy 35, p. 1499-1508, 2010.
- G. Tsilingiridis, G. Martinopoulos, N. Kyriakis, “ Life cycle environmental impact of a thermosiphonic domestic solar hot water system in comparison with electrical and gas water heating ”, Renewable Energy 29, p. 1277-1288, 2004.
- Antoniadis, G. Martinopoulos, « Optimization of a Building Integrated Solar Thermal System with Seasonal Storage », 1st International Conference on Building Integrated Renewable Energy Systems, Dublin, 2017.
- K. Papakostas, G. Martinopoulos, A. Papadopoulos, «A Comparison of Various Heating Systems in Greece Based on Efficiency and Fuel Cost», 17th International Symposium on Thermal Science and Engineering of Serbia, Sokobanja, 2015.
- K. Dogan, G. Martinopoulos, “ Blade Element Momentum Theory and CFD modeling as a tool for optimizing wind turbine blade design ” World Renewable Energy Congress WREC XIII, London, 2014.
- G. Martinopoulos , “ Solar heating systems as a viable solution towards nearly Zero energy buildings ”, ASME 2014 8th International Conference on Energy Sustainability, Boston, 2014.
- E. Dimitriadis, D. Missirlis, G. Martinopoulos, “ Investigation of The Performance of a Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine With the Use of Blade Element Momentum Theory and CFD Computations ”, European Wind Energy Association Conference 2014, Barcelona, March 2014.
- G. Martinopoulos , “ Life cycle analysis of a polymer black liquid flat plate collector ”, ISES Solar World Congress 2011, 8 August - 2 September 2011, Kassel, Germany.
- G. Martinopoulos , D. Missirlis, G.Tsilingiridis, K. Yakinthos and N. Kyriakis, “ Investigation of the heat transfer behaviour of a novel polymer solar collector ”, Third International Conference on Applied Energy - 16-18 May 2011 - Perugia, Italy.
- G. Martinopoulos , “ Estimation of Maximum PV Penetration in the Domestic Sector in Greece ”, 3rd International Scientific Conference on "Energy and Climate Change", 7-8 October 2010, Athens.
- G. Martinopoulos , G. Tsilingiridis, N. Kyriakis, “ Evaluation of a boiling solar collector”, Proceedings of Renewable Energy 2006, pp. 485-488, Makuhari, Japan, 2006.