Asst. Professor Dr. Dimitrios Tzetzis is Director of the Digital Manufacturing and Materials Characterization Laboratory and Scientific Coordinator of the MSc in Strategic Product Design, School of Science and Technology, International Hellenic University, Greece. He graduated from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kingston University, UK and he continued his studies in the same university receiving an MSc in Advanced Manufacturing Systems. He also received a PhD from Queen Mary, University of London, School of Engineering and Materials Science. He worked as a member of the Centre for Materials Research (CMR) where he focused his research in the design, analysis and manufacture of materials and structures. His current research interests are focused on the manufacture and testing of composites, nanocomposites and biomaterials combined with 3D printing techniques and he is actively involved in various research and development projects. He is a member of scientific committees at national and European level and he is the author of more than 160 scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences in the field of advanced materials and structures for various applications.
- Karavasili, K. Tsongas, I. Andreadis, E. Andriotis, E. Papachristou, R. Papi, D. Tzetzis, D. Fatouros, Physico-mechanical and finite element analysis evaluation of 3D printable alginate-methylcellulose inks for wound healing applications, Carbohydrate Polymers, Vol. 247, 116666, 2020
- Kladovasilakis, K. Tsongas, D. Tzetzis, Finite Element Analysis of Orthopedic Hip Implant with Functionally Graded Bioinspired Lattice Structures, Biomimetics, Special Issue Biomimetic Additive Manufacturing. Vol 5 (3), 44, 1-16, 2020
- Mansour, M. Zoumaki, A.Marinopoulou, S.N. Raphaelides, D. Tzetzis, N. Zoumakis, Investigation on the Effects of Glycerol and Clay Contents on the Structure and Mechanical Properties of Maize Starch Nanocomposite Films ,Starch, Starch, Vol. 72(3-4),1900166, 2020
- Terzopoulou, D. Baciu, E. Gounari, T. Steriotis, G. Charalambopoulu, D. Tzetzis, D. Bikiaris, Composite Membranes of Poly(ε-caprolactone) with Biphosphonate-loaded Bioactive Glasses for Potential Bone Tissue Engineering Applications, Molecules, Vol. 24 (17), 3067, 2019
- Xenikakis, M. Tzimtzimis, K. Tsongas, D. Andreadis, E. Demiri, D. Tzetzis, D. Fatouros, Fabrication and finite element analysis of stereolithographic 3D printed microneedles for transdermal delivery of model dyes across human skin in vitro, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 137,104976, 2019
- Ch. Kousiatza, D. Tzetzis, D, Karalekas, In-situ Characterization of 3D printed Continuous Fiber Reinforced Composites: A Methodological Study using Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors – Composites Science and Technology Vol. 174, 134–141, 2019
- M. Mansour, K. Tsongas, D. Tzetzis, Measurement of the Mechanical and Dynamic Properties of 3D Printed Polylactic Acid Reinforced with Graphene Polymer – Plastics Technology and Engineering Vol. 58 (11), 1234–1244, 2019