Biofuels and their Assessment
|Teaching Hours and Credit Allocation:||30 Hours, 6 Credits|
|Course Assessment:||Exam & Coursework|
The course is offered by the School of Process Engineering of Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) in the frame of the DAAD-funded collaboration program.
The course aims to provide an advanced understanding of biofuels and their assessment. Within this course different conversation routes are discussed and processed with chemical process simulation software. Furthermore a conversation route will be analyzed with a life cycle analysis and viewed under economical aspects.
The course covers the following topics:
- Structuring of the various pathways to produce biofuels
- Discussion of the process technology for the various biofuel provision chains
- Process of selected biofuel provision chains
- Environmental assessment of selected biofuel provision chains
- Economic assessment of selected biofuel provision chains
- Lee, K. T.: Sustainability of Biofuel Production from Oil Palm Biomass, Singapore s.l. Springer Singapore, 2013
- Olsson, L.: Biofuels, Springer Verlag Heidelberg, 2007