|Instructor(s):||Prof. V. Peristeras|
|Teaching Hours and Credit Allocation:||30 Hours, 6 Credits|
|Course Assessment:||Exam & Coursework|
The purpose of this course is to provide a broad understanding of the importance of ICT systems in the modern business environment so that the management makes the right decisions on issues relating to information systems. The course focuses on issues of information systems integration within the organization, information systems utilization according to the organization’s capabilities and its implications on processes and individuals, as well as information resources management. Topics covered include process analysis, project analysis, production planning and scheduling, ICT systems and new business models, quality management, supply chain management, capacity and facilities planning. The course also develops basic macroeconomic theory to enable managers to critically evaluate economic forecasts and policy recommendations and then applies these concepts in a series of case studies.
Upon completing this course, students will:
- Develop analytical skills in planning, evaluating and supervising a project in ICT
- Develop skills in Evaluating and Sustaining Production Quality in ICT
- Understand some basic elements of Supply Chain Management
- Develop skills in Human Resource and Workforce allocation and management
- Broaden their experience through several case study examples
- Process and Project Analysis
- Production Planning and Scheduling
- Quality Management
- ICT Systems and New Business Models; E-Commerce, Decision Making
- Capacity and Facilities planning
- Workforce Scheduling
- Project Valuation and Financing
- Case Studies
E. Turban, L. Volonino, Information Technology for Management, 8th Edition, 2010, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Oz E. Management Information Systems, Course Technology, 6th edition.
J. Laudon, K. Laudon, Essentials of Management Information Systems, Prentice Hall, 8th edition.
M.H. Sherif, Managing Projects in Telecommunication Services, Wiley-IEEE Press.