Teaching Hours and Credit Allocation:
30 Hours, 6 Credits
Exam & Coursework
The course contemplates the subject of Digital Marketing. At first it briefly deals with the basic concepts of the Marketing Science, from where it all started. Then, it introduces all the facets of the digital world and simultaneously transfers all those traditional marketing theories to the new era. After understanding the whole digital landscape, we see in detail the different tools available, to achieve our promotional goals. During the course, various tools are demonstrated and practiced. The course also examines how these goals fit into the more strategic marketing plan.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be efficient at Digital marketing campaign planning, based on scientific analysis of all available data. Students will also be able to address the challenges of the new era of Big Data and Digital Marketing.
• The Importance of Digital Marketing.
• The Basics of the Marketing Theory.
• Advanced concepts of Digital Marketing, tools and methods, digital strategy and planning.
• Search Marketing & Pay-Per-Click Advertising, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Native Advertising.
• Big Data and Digital Marketing: A New Era.
• Setting a product strategy.
• New product development process.
• Idea generation and screening.
• Product design and UX/UI methods.
• Branding strategy: Brand naming, brand identity, strategy formulation.
• Commercialization: Launch of innovative products to market.
• Marketing efforts.
• Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation Paperback – by Damian Ryan.
• E-Business and E-Commerce Management: Strategy, Implementation and Practice, 5/E by Dave Chaffey.
• Marketing Management (14th Edition) 14th Edition by Philip T. Kotler, Kevin Lane Kelle.