Virtual Private Networking Setup
The VPN configuration depends on the version of your operating system, as follows:
Eduroam & WiFi
What is eduroam?
Eduroam(education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. Having started in Europe, eduroam has gained momentum throughout the research and education community and is now available in 72 territories. eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions directly using their mobile phone on by simply switching on their laptop.
For more information on eduroam, please visit the eduroam FAQ.
Where can I eduroam?
Eduroamis available both on and off campus, at over 6000 locations world-wide!
How can I eduroam?
You may configure more than one devices to connect to eduroam (Laptop, tablet, mobile phone etc.). To enable eduroam access, you must install the Eduroam CAT tool, which is available here.
1) Click on the Click here to download your eduroam@ installer button
2) Select International Hellenic University from the Organization Selection Window that shows up
3) The system will have identified your OS, so click on Download your eduroam@ installer button. Download and install the .exe file.
4) Sometime during the file execution (as shown in the Configure Eduroam section), you will be asked to enter your username and password (twice). As a username enter your e-learning (or uregister) username followed by @ihu.edu.gr. Enter your uregister account password.
5) After completing the process, click on eduroam or IHU-WiFi network and you will connect to the network.